Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Animals!

One of my favorite things about where I live is how much nature there is. I love cities, but I need to see some green every now and then. 

About ten minutes from my house is a wetlands preserve. It has birds, alligators, deer, pigs, otters, and so many more animals roaming all around it. My boyfriend came down to visit this past weekend and he had never been there, so we decided it was a must-visit for this trip.

We went around 6:30 PM, which is when more animals are active. The sky was rosy that evening, and everything had this pink/lavender tint to it.
















Next was a drive down a well-worn road that runs adjacent to the river. It has two standout characteristics: wild peacocks roam there and one of the residents has an alpaca farm. We could only see the alpacas from the street, and they were in the back lying under their hut. Trust, they're super cute when they're frolicking in their (gated) yard. However, the peacocks were out in full force.
















After that, we were tired of driving and headed back to my house. There we were greeted by this huge opossum that likes to eat from the bird feeder. I think he's cute, but he drive our dog, Callie, crazy. She barks, barks, and barks, but he's not afraid.

















Overall, that was a good, animal-filled day. I hope that wherever I move to next will have that kind of excitement. I would miss seeing these guys every day! 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome! I'm so jealous that you got to go on a fun adventure. Where exactly is this wetlands preserve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you had a nature experience right in the middle of the city. I love those special green spaces. I also can't believe the number of animals you photo-captured.

    ReplyDelete